Sunday, June 22, 2008

Change We Can Believe In



So there gentlemen is the ugly truth.
Well . .not as ugly as it was. But still not where I want to be.
As of two weeks ago I was tipping the scales at 225. Now, I'm built sorta compact, blame my sicilian gene's, but still 225 is the heaviest I have ~ever~ been. It was more then a bit of a shock, and yeah, it dinged my already fragile self-esteem, but there it is. 
Now, I know full well that I will never have that perfect V/Waspish shape that seems to be all the rage in the gay community. Just ain't gonna happen, I could loose all the weight in the world. I could be skinny for a somalian, and I'm still going to be blocky. Just the breaks.
But I want the tire gone. 
The proudest thing I can say right now is that at least I have pec's after two weeks. 
So this is post a three mile run this morning.
I'm now working out 7 days a week. 3 Day of Lifting and 4 days of Cardio.
I'm on a diet. Very regimented, as recommended by my trainer/nutritionalist. 
I'm drinking what I think is obscene amounts of water, but always thirsty, so I'll keep drinking it.
I stopped smoking three months ago, I'm down to one cup of coffee a day, I'm eating green stuff on a regular basis.
I don't think my college friends who I'm seeing in two weeks are going to recognize me.
It's a changing process, I don't know if I will succeed, but I'm trying.
I figure I'll throw up another body shot here in two weeks and see where I stand in comparison.
Brett, if you read this you are partially a inspiration in this move. 
Public shame can be a great motivator.
But ok, breakfast time, and time to fold laundry.
Weighing in at 215 as of post run weight and still 5'11" (damnit, I need 1 inch).

3 comments:

Brettcajun said...

Good luck Leo! :) I know you can do it. Once that ball gets rolling... it's fast moving... and the results get better and better! I have an obese father and a 200 # twin brother (5'7"). If * I * can do it, then I know you can too as well!

I personally think your body look BEEFY WOOF right now. :) I can't wait to see what a more cut you becomes. :P

Anonymous said...

oy, are you still alive?

Anonymous said...

Working out 7 days a week? Wow, now that is dedication. I've been working out for years and I have pecs if the sun shines just right on the 12th day of the new moon.

Hon, take it from someone who would know: skinny does not guarantee a boy getting laid or eternal gay happiness. At least not by the guys this boy likes, and there used to be that freaky, vague "boy-lovin" undercurrent that always makes you feel special in a "Where is my taser?" and "Dude, I don't do guys with ankle bracelet" kind of ways.

One thing about the water: I can't seem to retain it unless there's sodium or potassium in it. Consider adding a banana to the mix, keep some of that water in you.