I have manifested back to the states.
Please hold your applause for the end of the show however.
I'm sitting in my house listening to Fiona Apple - Across the Universe. Which I think says volumes about where I am. Basically, I don't know either.
I think that William Gibson explained jet lag fairly well in "Pattern Recognition". The thought that when you travel so far, your soul is left somewhere, and it takes day to weeks for it to catch up with you.
If so my soul is currently wandering the deserts of Iraq and seeing the haunted looks of children and the poor in the trash heap that is Baghdad.
If you ever wondered what happens when you dump modern technology on a third world country we now have a working example.
Eventually the equilibrium will be established and life will continue on. But right now it's just a hot mess of badly done infrastructure, confused people and massive amounts of gossip at the speed of light.
Kinda like CNN, but with less pity and whining and more reality and confusion.
I'm not saying its all bad, but its certainly a work in progress.
But Ain't we all?
I'm heading back home to Kentucky tomorrow to see my family. To be honest I really don't want to. I'm not ready to deal with the insanity that is a house full of people, kids, dogs and all that crap. I'm good with occasionally venturing out of my house to go to a bar and then getting smashed right now.
But if I don't my mother will kill me . . probably via excessive calling. 12 times already and I've been in the states for all of 72 hours.
Past that I'm trying to figure out where my head and my ass belong and what I'm doing with myself.
I'm planing on heading to Nellies at 8. Feel free to stop by and say hi.
3 comments:
I wish I could stop by. I have something for you (I keep saying that, don't I?) and I'll send you an email to reconfirm the address I have for you. It's an early bday present slash welcome home thing :)
-Ash
Fag.
THE REAL BRETTCAJUN:
1. Hypocrite
2. Insensitive
3. Selfish
4. Bigot
5. Narcissistic
6. Self serving Alcoholic
7. Unworldly
8. Boring
9. Look 8 months pregnant
10. Uncaring
11. Unstable
12. and wears Mascara
13. Wears eyeliner
14. Multiple Personality Disorder
15. Attention Whore
16. Insecure
17. Inconsiderate
18. Phony
19. Has tiny girl like feet.
20. wants boyfriend to be a live in maid.
Post a Comment