
As someone else pointed out . . it was memorial day weekend. Which is a fine holiday when we honor our fine service men . . . people visit memorials and all that . . Having been in the service (US Air Force y'all), all I really want on memorial day is to hear the national anthem play when I walk into wal-mart and to be hailed as a conquering hero. Baring that, I do what most service men do on memorial day weekend. Drink.
I started out Friday night with a surprise invite from a group of guys from work to do the Nellies -> Town circuit. We actually started out at Hank's Oyster Bar over on 19th and P. The food was ok, not spectacular, but ok. Then Nellies, one of the guys brought the bestest girl ever on our little jaunt through our merry gay world. Brandi was a trooper, and to be honest, the sexiest woman in Nellies all night:
After Nellies I got sucked into going to Town. Because obviously the facial hair and large body frame SCREAMS twink. *head desk* It was ok, with the help of booze. I think the highlight for me was when someone drug me out on the dance floor (yeah, I have white boy syndrome) and I got caught in the middle of "West Side Story". Some latina was having problems and being fought over by two Latinos, I was waiting on the switch blade. I also discovered that past a certain point, hopefully your booze has kicked in, because the boy's get considerably less cuter in Town as the night goes on . . it's like sexual culling of the herd.After getting semi-intoxicated, and being a little bored, I decided to go home. I went to hail a cab (past 2 am, no metro) and I look up and low and behold, all of 9th is closed off from traffic. Apparently someone killed someone over there. I have no idea of details, but it was a little odd.

They have Osprey's which are like the coolest birds ever. Go read the Wiki article on them. They kinda look like really mean gremlins with small ears and wings. Viscous.
The view down the side of the island.
And the pier . . as we leave Kent Island around midnight to beat the traffic. And I head to a picnic with work folks down in the New York Ave/Florida Ave/Gaulant area . . which I have one question. Why a oak leaf?
Seriously, there are no oak tree's down here. There are high rises. Oh and might I add, my own personal vacation spot, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. The BBQ was pretty much the end of my weekend. I went up to look at the house again and to see what the neighborhood was like after dark while I was in the city. Then came home, and here we are.
After that fun evening I drug my butt home, and got some sleep for the big drive out too *drum roll*
KENT ISLAND!

For those of you who don't know (aka never leave the district) Kent Island is just out past Annapolis. It's a little island in the middle of the chesapeake bay, the space where the bay bridge touched down actually.I have to say it's absolutely gorgeous out there guys. If you need a place that is still rural and has great views of the water, this is it to be honest. Beyond that however . . .
They have Osprey's which are like the coolest birds ever. Go read the Wiki article on them. They kinda look like really mean gremlins with small ears and wings. Viscous.
The view down the side of the island.
And the pier . . as we leave Kent Island around midnight to beat the traffic. And I head to a picnic with work folks down in the New York Ave/Florida Ave/Gaulant area . . which I have one question. Why a oak leaf?
Seriously, there are no oak tree's down here. There are high rises. Oh and might I add, my own personal vacation spot, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. The BBQ was pretty much the end of my weekend. I went up to look at the house again and to see what the neighborhood was like after dark while I was in the city. Then came home, and here we are.But ok . .let me go grab some food, catch you folks later.
No comments:
Post a Comment