
TDY makes you fat.
Seriously.
Your American tax dollars are going to pay my government credit card, on which I am eating things that are quick, easy and in general horrible for me.
Why you gotta hate me like that?
I had steak again this evening, and I'm out of clean gym clothes.
I didn't do so good on the planning ahead as I should have. So until I get back to DC, no gym time.
So help me god, the day I get back I'm hitting the gym.
I've gained six pounds.
I mean, not only do I have my own ever self-degrading concious getting on my nerves . . but I feel like I'm going to have the gay community soon putting me on notice for starting to look like a bear.
Not a cute muscle bear or cub either . . oh no . . we are talking classic chubby chub chub, sweaty, fur covered nastiness. The kinda guy who others say is a "nice guy" but never hang out with when they are trying to get into other guys pants. The one who works at the comic book store and knows all about what the Green Lantern is doing. That guy.
Beyond that however, a friend of mine who just left for Iraq yesterday told me I should grow a beard. She was telling me that her boyfriend did before he headed out three weeks ago (they met in my intro to the agency class, it was very cute *gag*). But the idea behind it is a sound one. Basically myself and her boyfriend are both military reserve and normally facial hair is pretty much a no no. There are regulations about this sort of thing and I have no desire to grow the Hitler-stashe. Beyond that however, where we are going, well most guys have beards. It might put them at ease to see another guy with one. Plus it covers up what few "white" features I have. Win-win situation. Bye Bye Leo, hello Habib.
It's a thought I might persue. Luckily the Sicilian/Irish genes have set me up well for this thought. I generally have a five o'clock shadow by three o'clock, so should be relatively easy.
So now I'm aiming to be that amazingly ripped guy with the shaved head and beard when I get back to DC in April.
Also in today's events, I bought my first gun holster. After much debate I settled on what is known as a "Paddle Holster". Generally they are hard plastic and fit on your belt at hip level. I tried one out in Texas last month and liked it quite a bit. I decided to take the plunge as the one that I get issued is utter crap. I wouldn't take it to a combat zone with me. In addition on Thursday as I finish the training I'm down in NC for I'll be doing more live firing on the range. No better time to try out a new holster and see how it fits and how it works. It'll be nifty.
Other then the fact that I think I'm now one step closer to being a card carrying NRA member.
I wonder if they make those in pink.
I also ended up buying a travel coffee mug with mossy oak camo pattern around the middle of it.
The guys I'm traveling with down here have started to call me Bubba. I don't know if thats good or bad.
But anyway.
Things keep getting better and better.
2 comments:
I know it's not related to what you wrote but the site for DC sports is http://www.teamdc.org
Oy, was in NC for Mom's Day/Mom's Birthday and missed ya Sun, any luck?
Post a Comment