Thursday, September 18, 2008

Big Bear

So,

Remote posting from a different local.

While I write this I am currently sitting in the Big Bear Cafe. 

I have a cookie, I have a latte, I feel completely comfortable in my citiness.

Life is good. 

In reality I'm doing this with a secondary purpose, namely to test out the capabilities of my new laptop. The plan is to take this baby with me when I go to Iraq. I don't know what the internet access will be like there, but I'm hopeful. So far it's doing alright. 

Now past that the Big Bear was a pleasent addition to the housing buy. At the corner of First and R, it's a easy three block walk. I just threw my lappy in my Communist Messenger Bag and hiked on over. The latte is excellent, the waite staff is a fine collection of freaks, the sound track is something alternative and the atmostphere is eclectic. Kinda reminds me of the inside of my head to be honest.

I don't think I ever mentioned this bag. I searched for it for a good long while and finally found it with the Ex from Boston in Salem. It's a replica of a Peoples Liberation Army (Chinese Army) airdrop bag. Basically, it's a olive green courier bag with a solid red star on the outside. It's all pretty authentic, minus the fact that it was made in India as opposed to China. 

And while I was writing this my friend Jim sent me the link to this, it will probably get cross posted all to hell but let me put in my .02. Apparently one of the gentlemen in the 8&N/BeBar beatings has passed away from his injuries. 10 Days after the incident.

Vulgarity Bellow, Fair Warning:

Firstly this is completely unacceptable, I don't care who you are, don't be stupid. Don't travel alone at night and be smart about getting around. Secondly, I'm ready to go Westside Story on some homo-beating mother fuckers and show them how "nelly" I really am when I'm pissed.  Thirdly, and I'm not just saying this, for god's sake gentlemen, lets not tip-toe through the tulips down the street. Even strait  boys buck up when they feel they are threatend. You are not acting outside your nature to stick out your chest, stand up tall, and walk like you got a set. You are simply fullfilling the first part of any good defense stratagy, keeping them thinking twice about going after you. Half the battle is attitude.

There is apparently a up coming meeting of "GLOV", I caught reference to it on TNG. It might be a good idea to attend, or we could just form a mob, get some torches and storm city hall. Either or I'm good with.

GLOV Meeting:

Details: Monday, September 22, law offices of Dewey & LeBoeuf, 1101 New York Ave. NW, 7:30 p.m.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't split hairs on death. He died. He was murdered. There was the foresight to know that the event would result in death.

Ya know I used to work for a law enforcement agency responsible for trying to figure out the sentencing matrix and rehabbing some people, and i can tell you right now these men are beyond salvation, at least for the forseeable future. They value life so little there is no point to trying to change them, it is the nature of the "game".

Unless you have the White Night Riots in mind, I doubt jackshit will ever change. I want to be wrong, but until then I want to be safe.

Brettcajun said...

It's time to get the National Guard patrolling the streets of DC with machine guns. They have been doing this in New Orleans ever since Katrina. That would scare them into thinking about being bad asses in the future.