Friday, September 5, 2008

Keeping the Blade

So I just got back from my run.
It's a daily event now in which I run four miles.
The highlight being who is standing out in front of or behind The Eagle and seeing what the Boys in the Pride for Obama office look like.
Yesterday, while running past, I did manage to catch someone's Rugby practice.
Didn't stop long enough to see if anyone noticed, probably for the best, I was in the last mile and I probably would have tripped over my feet. Cause I'm graceful like that.
Today I went to work as per normal. Learned tons of cool shit. Helped some folks out.
This is the basis of my life, I love it.
I also got my TB time test done. Which I distinctly remember that as a kid it was a little stick in the arm with a little white needle thingy . . yeah not so much anymore. She stuck a needle under the skin of my arm which instantly formed this blister type shape. It's gone now, but I was admonished to not lotion or rub or play with it at all. It's ok to shower, but thats it.
Looked like the worlds worst mosquito bite.
On top of which, Jimbo posted this .
Now normally I'm a pretty even headed when it comes to politics. I'm a realistic Libertarian. I would love to see us all get along with as little government as possible. Problem is that takes a educated populace, which we aren't as a whole. So baring that, I don't want a Well-fare state. I hate programs that offer unlimited help to whomever wants it. Thus normally I'm not a huge fan of democrats. I'm also not a huge fan of squishy diplomacy either, I'm harsh, Madeline Albright Harsh, on how we should deal with other countries. Which is also usually a republican trait.
Up until they stop acting like the Republican party and start acting like a bunch of childish, money grubbing, pandering slobs who are going for the base line uneducated masses for a vote because it's easy and they know they lost the educated individual with Bush.
It's like taking candy from a baby folks. This is not a hard concept. Appeal to what is in there real life, what makes them happy, namely cheep shit, immediate increases in money and the simple pleasures like hunting, fishing and beer.
So we get a NRA gun bunny VP, a First lady who does beer and a former war hero for Pres.
You just sucked in 100% of the red-neck, middle state demographic. Plus most of the military. Because Republican presidents = raise. Democrats cut back on the military. Which is in general bad for military members.
Things do not look bright for Obama.
Thus I was on the fence, at this stage I'm not happy with either candidate, but I expect that McCain is going to pull another Bush and guess what, get himself in office.
Up until I read what McCain's bone headed intern said.
Ya know, I am a service member, I've been playing D&D since I was 11 when my Uncle Gene gave me some of his old books. I used to write for White Wolf.
That has tipped the tables for me. I've been called a looser all my life for my choice to enjoy reading and academic pursuits like writing. I don't need it done by a political candidate.
He's lost my vote.
I'm voting for Obama.

1 comment:

Tim said...

I find myself in sync with your political expectations. Thanks for the nice line about libertarians needing an educated populace, most people forget about that line.