I have one confession to make, I fell down on my attempt to quit smoking. However I am back to not smoking. I basically ran out of chantix and used that as a excuse to start again. Not good, and I realize that. So I got my med's refilled and am now back to not smoking again. Half the battle is keeping myself occupied, which in reality was a battle before I quit. Still fighting.
On friday I finished up my gun qualification. Yes I passed, and passed quite well.
Then Friday afternoon we had "combatives". Basically we were trained in the basics of Krav Maga. I have a very lovely collection of bruises from that, but I do know six ways to disarm a person when I am barehanded and turn the weapon against someone else.
I didn't get home Saturday from TX until three in the afternoon and it seemed like the vast majority of the rest of that day was running around. Car wash, hair cut, pharmacy, and picking up the kids (cats) from Uncle M's.
Keep in mind that all day Saturday I wore my new cowboy boots. Picked them up in Austin. I have to say that they are some of the most comfortable shoes I own really. I'm wearing them to work tomorrow. I was smart about it and bought a pair that goes well with jeans or slacks.
Sunday I was a lazy bum for the first half of the day. Then around three-ish I ran to the pharmacy (again) and then headed into big ol' DC to check out a Townhouse.
Once again, abysmal. I will find a place in my price range and what I want yet. Just taking some time. There was another place that was awesome. But apparently everyone thought so, it's off the market as of friday. Missed it.
I then called Psychic and Emotional Starvation, we were going to try to get together for dinner on sunday if his rents had left and what not. When I called to check status however, apparently Shaw has some of the spottiest and sketchy cell phone reception in all of DC. I made three attempts, on the third I ~think~ I got through and got his voice mail. To which the transcript probably ran something like "Hello . . . is this thing working . . . dammit . . hi it's Leo calling to check . . " If it went through. Which I have no idea if it did or not.
So, sorry about that S.
After that lovely fiasco I came home and tried to sleep. But my body was tired and my brain wasn't. I'm supposed to be going to NC on vacation this summer and M is riding down with me. He's living up in CT now, so he's gonna drive here and car pool with me the rest of the way down. Had to work out details. So I ended up not getting to bed until elevenish.
I go to work today and was there about long enough to get the mess left over from the last week cleaned up. I then burned three credit hours and came home and slept a bit.
And that was my weekend. Not exactly exciting, but thats where it's at.
Beyond that I've been thinking alot about how folks treat one another. I've run into two guys who I've liked now who have, for one reason or another, decided that they don't want to date me and used my deployment as a excuse to get out of the prospect.
The funny part is I know it's bullshit, they know it's bullshit, but we all play the pleasantly cold game and move on.
I sometimes wish I had cared more about social interaction when I was at school. Occasionally I feel like I'm completely unprepared to deal with most of the world and people.
But thats where I'm at, time to see what tomorrow brings.
2 comments:
I'm tryin to meet up with ya, but I still have an aversion to the Dirty Vag! That and I'm carless and you live in the outer reaches of suburbia where they have to pipe in Sunlight and such...(evil grin).
I got some sun shine to pipe for ya buddy . . .
and well . . I'm good this weekend sorta. I got reserve time during the day and then I'm off in the afternoon.
I'll be in DC looking at houses again on Sunday.
Are you available? Or call my cell and we'll work it out.
Post a Comment