Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Speakerphone

Leo is not a home owner.
I repeat ladies, I did not win the bid on the house, I am still a renter.
On one level it's disheartening, the house I bid on was actually pretty nice. Not ideal to what I wanted but still, it was in a good location and would have made a good investment.
But that is all past, now it's back to square one.
I am once again in the throws of the debate about whether it would be smarter to wait to buy a house when I get back from Iraq or whether it would be smarter now when I know the economy is somewhat depressed.
I don't know which is smarter and which is the wise course of action in the end to be honest.
On a personal level, there is a drive in me to get out of Herndon. I'm tired of having to constantly stretch to reach anyone I know. I want to be able to visit, have coffee, hell, go out for a beer without worrying about getting home, or having to go through the whole rigamarole it currently takes just to get into the city.
It's like Oregon Trail all over "Float or Ford the River?"
I'll figure it out eventually I suppose. Lord knows the one thing I have is time on my hands, nothing is forcing me to do anything I want to do. Yeah, sadly I sorta miss the pressure.
Outside of that, I bought the new Kylie Minogue album "X".
I'm listening to it now.
I feel guilty and dirty for doing so, like I've betrayed my grunge rock roots.
Over all it's not bad, i think the album needs a good remix to be honest. It seems that most of the songs drag a little to really make it "good" dance music.
I blame Jimbo for this, it was his anticipation of this album that made me remember how much I loved the mash-up mix of "Slow" + Prodigies "Smack My Bitch Up". So I thought I'd give it a shot.
But ok, bed time, yay.

No comments: