It's probably, at least for most of us, one of our favorite activities.
I was more worried about religious sensibilities. I know some very fine catholic gentlemen out there. And I'm a universalist. We are all right in the end. Or as the comic book I just put down says "You got exactly what everyone else gets, a lifetime."
What I chose to draw everyones attention to instead is my liberal use of the word "fuck", "sex", "shit", and "ass". Now it's not that I'm a poorly educated man, nor that I can't speak well. No what it boils down to is I'm "earthy" and it's how I was raised.
I come from a long long line of military bodies all of which, well, we weren't british colonel's I'll put it that way. We were for the vast majority enlisted, line workers, sergeants, salt of the earth, hard working.Earthy is a very good term.I find myself on a daily basis having to edit what I say before I say it at work. Alot of the time I have to do this when I'm off work as well. Although my mother didn't approve, she did however reason it out well for me. At one point when I was 19, after cussing a blue streak, I threw back at her that "I thought we weren't supposed to use those words." Her reply was "Words only have the power you give them."I don't know as I have ever heard a truer statement come out of anyones mouth.
But like all good pieces of advice, although true, it's extremely hard to follow or even remember in the heat of the moment when things are going on.
I wish I had the wisdom sometimes to remember those little tid-bits all the time.
On a completely separate and unrelated note. I've had my one super gay authorized Martha Stewart moment for the year. Friday night I went on a double date with Boy #1 and my girl-friend T and her girlfriend from boston A. Well I spent from 1430 when I got off work till 1830 when they were set to arrive busting my ass to get my place clean. We were all meeting here for drinks and then going to dinner. Well I did find time in my busy schedule to make these:
Only took about 20 minutes and they loved it. And I got the added benefit of buying crap loads of candy without eating any of it. Plus it feels good to surprise folks with something they arn't expecting. Such as in this case, easter baskets. I was quite proud of A's as she is a vegan. Do you guy's know how much candy has animal products in it? Be it milk, or gelatin. Needless to say hers had alot of Jelly Beans, Candy Corn, and Life-savers. But she got a equal amount, just like the other two. I was quite proud of myself. But that was my weekend pretty much. Hope everyone had a happy jesus-bunny-egg-zombie day.
1 comment:
Congrats on the party favors, but seriously, no one can out-do Martha, she has every fag in the Hamptons working for her. Also congrats on the nicotine attempts, G-d knows I've made an effort many times.
Post a Comment