Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sunday at the Thunderdome

I woke up around 9:30 this morning to my 25 lbs cat (Ernesto aka Nesto) curled up next to my chest and my 4 lbs cat (Nemo) curled around the back of my head. I took the time to pet them both as I curled up under my warm little blanket cocoon and thought about making coffee.
Having finally reached that point that my throat is dry, my eyes won't close anymore, and my sense of duty was nagging at me, I finally rolled out of bed, dislodging the kitties, and made my way to the kitchen like a zombie.
I'm not the most graceful person in the morning. It takes me roughly a couple of hours to start to resemble human. Till then I'm more like a meat popsicle. I grunt, groan, shuffle, look around bleary eye'd, It's just not pretty.
But anyway, I can't seem to get moving. I know I need to do my standard sunday routine. Laundry, kitchen, dishes, dusting, litter box, sweeping, vacuuming, more laundry, bathroom, Sam Club, more laundry, and get the work clothes ready for tomorrow. I don't really wanna get off the couch.
On top of that I'm having a quiet point of reflection. I've been thinking about quitting smoking now for a couple of months. Off and on mind you. I think I've finally reached the point that I'm ready. Now keep in mind, this will be attempt number 14 or there abouts. I've been pretty militant about not quitting for a while now. Mostly because I'm pig headed and the more people press me on the subject, the more likely I am to rebel and stick to my guns. Even if it is counter productive, thats not the point. I only change for me, not for others.
So what is stopping me? Well a couple of things. Firstly I've decided that this time, based on reviews of folks I've talked to, I'm going to try Chantrix. Everyone I know who has used it has quit, and stayed quit. Which is pretty impressive. The problem is I can't just run out and buy it, I have to get a doctor to write a prescription for me.
With that, I've only been living here for seven or eight months now, and I've yet to find a doctor. I'm fairly picky about my medical professionals. Right now, I want to find one that I can talk to, who is ballsy enough to tell me to stop being a idiot, and who is preferably gay. A friend of mine recommended a doctor out in Manassas, but that seems awfully far to be running for check ups and stuff. On the flip side, I don't go to the doctor that often. So maybe not such a big issue.
I'd take recommendations on that one folks, see what I can find.
But ok, it's about 1pm and I should get moving. Till tomorrow.

No comments: