Ok I have to ask, but am I the only one that thinks that the drivers in this city turn into complete idiots in the presence of moisture?
Seriously, they act like Gremlins is real life and if they don't get off the cold, wet dark roadways they might be attacked by a roving, broiling mob of short mutant freaks who will humorously deface there car and then drag them off camera to do horrible deadly things to them so as not to disturb the audience.
This was sparked when saturday around 6:30-7ish I was driving to Dunn Loring to get on the Metro (yes, ironic I know, I have to drive to take public transportation). I get on to 495 from the Toll Road/66 Interchange area and suddenly all traffic is going at a super speedy 45 mph.
Thats right, 45 mph.
It wasn't raining, it wasn't snow, it wasn't sleeting. It wasn't icy, the perfect storm was not hanging over head, it wasn't even particularly windy. No. IT WAS MISTING!! ZOMG MISTING!!
And thus I climb on in my energy efficient Honda Civic Hyrbid and took my 45 minute trip to Gallows Rd. The entire time cursing the drivers around me. Wondering why I bother. Questioning life, eternity, and the pursuit of happiness.
On a positive note, once I actually got on the train to Dupont, I had a very lovely conversation with a guy the entire way there about World of Warcraft. Comparing notes as it was.
And I wasn't horribly late, and my friends are fairly forgiving.
Note to self however, from now on I need to plan extra time into my schedule even if it ~remotely~ looks like it's going to be wettish.
Secondary note to self, I need to move to the city as soon as possible. Things returned to normal when I was acting like a "normal" city dweller and not a visiter from the boon-docks.
1 comment:
Welcome to the blogosphere! I totally agree that metro dc drivers completely slow down to count raindrops/snowflakes hitting their windshields. Truly disgusting habits.
Post a Comment