Friday, March 7, 2008

The Savage Beast

Music plays a big roll in my life. I constantly have something going on, even if it is in the background. Maybe because I grew up on air force bases all my life, with jets taking off at all hours, but something about silence drives me a little batty to be honest. As such I grew to love all forms of music, and appreciate them for what they offer.
No where else in the world is human emotion expressed better in my opinion. People fall in love, people break up, horrible disasters come and go, and life is shown in all of it's wonder and splendor through the tales of lyrics and harmony as a listener puts the pieces together.
It's a active sport. It keeps you thinking and keeps you moving , and it keeps you connected to the better part of what separates humans from animals. The ability to reason.
One of my friends who recently moved back from Germany to the wonder of Western Texas (blech) directed me to: http://pandora.com/
Now, it's a interesting concept, taking one band and playing similar artists. It's been a little repetitive so far, but over all I give it three and a half stars out of five.
I happened to put in "Lonestar". I've been in a country mood lately. I'm not sure why.
Generally the music reflects the mood I'm in and it swings pretty widely. Generally Alt Rock, Techno (house), or Modern Country. This week has been a country week, and I feel like I've reached this strange state of Zen. I don't know if it's the growing up process or what, but, I just feel like I don't care, in a good way. I still care about the important stuff, and I'm still taking care of it, I still have goals and motivations, but the small shit is just rolling off my back.
I guess I feel balanced. Which seems like the best way to describe it.
The country is helping, it's reminding me of being back in Kentucky, back before I joined the Air Force, back before I lived in DC, back before alot of stuff.
And I have to wonder if it's the music or if it's me, and then if this effects others.
But thats that lay-psychologist coming out in me again.
But ok, time for a shower then dinner with friends.

No comments: