
Sorry for the delay folks. Things have been a little busy lately, and honestly I've been tired. I get home and all the great thoughts I had for the day kinda flow out of my head, kinda like having a cracked skull but not as messy.
Today I went and picked up some of my deployment gear from our deployment folks.
For those of you who don't know, I'll be taking a trip to a small deserty country this winter to have some fun with the natives and make new friends.
But anyway, next week I'm going to Austin TX to learn how to "offensively drive" and fire a hand gun in a more efficient fashion. So I have to take some equipment with me when I go, got some new Desert cammies, which is totally old school on the military side of the house. Got me some new desert boots, even though I'll wear my old ones. Got a gun holster that looks like it has seen better days, I may buy my own. But the best part was the Body armor. I got a new set and it's absolutely amazing. Light, fits well, and makes me feel absolutely impervious to everything. I know this isn't true, but sometimes the confidence helps.
Now my one issue with this is once I actually got the equipment and a duffle bag to sling it in I had to carry it a mile to my car which they made me park in the "Visitor" section.
Keep in mind I'm in a dress shirt, slacks, tie, and dress shirts.
It's ghetto MD with no side walks.
Duffle at this point weights a good 50 lbs if not more.
Yeah . . what the hell . . plenty of parking up front. I volunteer to go to a bad place and you folks are going to make me sling my gear through the mud to get to my car while in my nice clothes?
That was the only complaint I had really. I'm still in that happy ferret, going someplace neat to do cool stuff kinda mood.
Well other then it was ghetto MD. What the heck happens to the world . . that part of MD makes Anacostia look warm and homey. Oi.
But ok . .off to dinner.
3 comments:
Dang, I didn't know you were so butch...(my inner monologue wants to add more, but I'm censoring)
LOL.
Scott.
For the record I work in the DoD and most folks don't know that I am . .or even suspect.
I was in the AF for four years.
I've deployed three times.
Although I'm not touting having super Y chromosomes or anything . .
Well yeah, I'm pretty butch when I wanna be.
Balances out my constant reading.
I didn't mean to imply, was just givin ya grief. Its not like I've got a purse fallin out of my mouth when I speak or a noticable sashay and generally get the, "really?" comment when disclosure occurs
Post a Comment