Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows

Well the weekend is drawing to a close gentlemen.
And I have to say it's been eventful and fun across the board.
I'm sitting here, quietly, minus Nemo (the cat) trying carry on a conversation with me, thinking about what has occurred and take it all in.
Lets see, friday started with some not good news at work, but thats ok. I went to the doctor after that and got hooked up with some Chantrix to try to quit smoking. And he gave me a inhaler for the wheeze in my chest, which makes me feel like the asthmatic kid in school. But I'll deal. I went to a Birthday party that was well organized and planned. Bravo. Successfully didn't whine except to one individual who was kind enough to tell me to keep my chin up and keep moving. Always good advice, just on occasion someone's gotta say it to me. Occasionally with a swift kick in the ass. But in this case well stated, thank you.
I went home early, the rest of the crew at the party carried on to Town, but having gotten up at 4 am and knowing what was coming saturday, I figured it for the best.
Saturday started with drinking and ended with drinking and passing out. I went to Shamrockfest with a gentleman who will be referred to as "Boy #1". I had a good time, and I think that next year if I'm available I'll go again. I like rock, I like drinking, and I like oogling cute shirtless strait boys. Over all, excellent time to be had by all. I also drank 6 more beers that I think I've drank in the last six years. Typically I stick to liqueur, but when you are a horse and your led to water . . well . . drink for god's sake.
We then went back to Boy #1's place and had some red bull and vodka, I think I had two, and then went to Chinese with one of the best gay couples I think I've ever met. The older of the two made a point to include everyone in a conversation that was present. I appreciate that as I tend to get quiet around folks I don't know (which I'm sure some of the folks who do know me wish I would revert back to). It was a good dinner. Then me and Boy #1 went off to Blowoff, but we only made it a hour in, then we both looked at each other and decided it was time to go crash. The entire day was fun, but it was time to call it quits.
Waking up this morning I had the biggest breakfast ever at Bob Evan's, Chicken fried steak, biscuits and gravy, egg's, bacon, coffee. God I love southern food.
I came home, started laundry, and it was off to the movies with "Boy C". We saw "Miss Pettigrew Live For A Day" which was surprisingly funny, touching, and romantic all at once. I recommend seeing it, it also made me want to go dress up in a tux and go to a old school ball room and listen to some jazz. Now I'm home and finishing laundry. I'm tired, but it's that good kind of tired. I'm rested and recharged to save the world again. This whole living thing has taken on new meaning and I'm liking it. I hope I can keep up this pace in the future. But ok, time to finish laundry and sleep. 4am comes awfully early.
PS: Sorry for the mentioning of Boy 1 and Boy C gentlemen, but they were bound to creep in here eventually.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How'd ya find Blowoff? I went to the Bob Mould concert earlier and had the same, it's too late momment with the big homogaysexual dance event, but I've generally had fun in the past. Happy Saint Pat's and have another beer!

Knight of Swords said...

Blowoff was good.
We decided we'd try it again in a month but that it would be the only plan for the evening.
Trying to do a full day and then go to Blowoff was a bit much.